.

Icon IconFollow Me on Pinterest Icon linkedin

.

.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Electricity...not so much

 Electricity week left me feeling flat. We didn't cover things the way I had hoped. It was overshadowed with our other lessons that needed attention. And in the back of my mind there are these tunes playing over and over. 'Christmas is a coming, hurry up, hurry up' and by that I mean here in Canada the stores turn their merchandise over to Christmas fare right after Halloween. People throw their artificial trees up at the first snowflake or sooner. And everyone starts to talk about it. There is this impending feeling of rush that surrounds the holiday season. As I age and develop more of different view of the whole season I feel the rush more. I am less prepared then days gone by when my shopping was done early and plans were made months in advance. Now as a homeschooling mom there is more added to the plate of life. The kids age with each advancing year making them more aware of the season. I am all for youth and exuberance, I just wish I could reclaim some of that youthfulness for myself.
 All of this aside we did manage to make a few small breakthroughs. DD is beginning to read with great success. And DS is continuing his mathematical advancement learning division and is now giving himself spelling tests. He will pick a word at random and spell it for us to see if has the correct spelling. It would appear that he is very adept at it. The only thing he is getting caught up with are those sneaky, silent 'e's'. Overall I am happy with what we have covered as we near the end of our first term this year. I am also thinking of making up a test for DS who in 'grade two' should have some to prepare him for the eventuality of testing later in his in life. I would just like it to be a general knowledge test of all that we have covered. At first when I thought of the idea of testing I thought it would be to see how much information has been retained. And then I realized that was silly because I already know that from listening to him speak. So I think as said before it is to prepare him for that later eventuality.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

  1. check out Spectrum testing books. Yes, filling in bubbles, as tedious as it seems is sadly an important life skill!

    We did electricity not to long ago, the best thing I did was go to a radio shack, they have drawers of connectors, bulbs, motors, fans, sockets, etc.. I put together a bucket of parts, batteries and wires and let the kids play with it to see what they can make.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this blog :0)

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML