.

Icon IconFollow Me on Pinterest Icon linkedin

.

.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Better Late Then Never!

Well here we are...I was going to blah blah about what I am doing...but frankly that can read like a grocery list. So rather then blahing to you all I figure I will just post what has had us busy this past week in pics. After all a picture is worth a thousand words!
Many thanks to Jenny Morris of Homeschool Swapping Adventures on Facebook
 for coming up with Geo Boxes!

The kids really enjoyed doing this and are busily coming up with ideas for their next geo box which is headed to Kentucky, USA! I admit I must research a bit before sending materials to Kentucky as I have no idea what they do and don't have there.

 Getting ready for the fall fair is starting to become an annual tradition around here. My daughter really enjoyed making this little fellow out of veggies we grew in our urban garden!
 Her favorite entry by far was the model pioneer village. She was struggling at first with the concept of pioneer. I have no idea why because we often discuss living in the past etc..I think just a new vocabulary word had her stuck. So thank you Laura Ingalls Wilder for writing your books. And thank you tv world for creating a great tv show off of her books that my daughter could relate to.
 Posters have been tough around here. Even though she didn't win I am very proud of her immense effort put into her poster this year!
 She was excited to win penmanship for the second year running.

 Shyness doesn't pay off is a lesson my daughter learned. At the fair they had a draw for elementary aged kids. She had to go into a little building and fill out her name and number to enter. "I don't even want to win!" She said to me nervously. Encouragingly I assured her she may feel different later so better to enter. He brother tossed in that she could always sell her winnings if she won. Grudgingly she entered the draw. Low and behold as we were packing up to leave she discovered she had won the second prize in the drawing. She gave a gasp. So thrilled and incredulous to have won anything.
 My son worked very hard at making his little Celtic civilization model for the fair this year and won 1st place.
 I have to say as a child the veggie animals were one of my favorite entries as well. So much fun to take veggies and pin together into an animal. In this instance they also included fruit for eyes. All found in our little backyard garden.
 The little Celtic hut was made out self hardening clay that you can find at Micheals. It dries very well overnight. The roof was made out of corn leaves.
 After much thinking he was pretty pleased with his creation.
The best sunflower head is one of the most puzzling entries. What do they judge on? Seeds? Color? Size? One doesn't know. But he was happy his was 3rd.


 The ribbons look nice hanging on a felt wall hanging outside if their rooms with other little badges and pins they have gotten.
 Always the crafter he was happy to get 3rd place again for his beaded bracelet.
 Second and third for brownies and unbaked cookies. Sure is hard to find a good unbaked cookie recipe.
30 attempts and a pile of crumpled paper later he was not doing it over.

So our week was full of fun and surprises.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this blog :0)

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML